It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 448 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Bandits, Benders, and Bad Guys Oh My! [UPDATED!]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:11 am 
Before I start anything, I feel it needs to be very clear that Rhi and I only have some very loose ideas for this thing. It's just a simple excuse to get the characters together and to give some vague direction. If you guys have ideas about what you want to see happen, please share and discuss and plot it here, we want to hear it. And feel free to go do your own stuff with this. You don't have to wait for Rhi or I, this is every one's sandbox so feel free to play in it--and make stuff happen! xD

Alright, now for the plotting information!

The Kong Estate
    All the members of Team Avatar (canon or OC) that come along for the trip are being put up at the Kong estate in Ba Sing Se. They are one of the more powerful and wealthy families in the city and the estate is very nice. They only have about six rooms available for the group, plus two that are set aside for Zuko and Aang.

The hosts are Myung Kong (the head of the house), Ji (his wife), Ai Lu (eldest son), Takeo (second son), Tai (third child, daughter), and Sho (youngest, son).

Trouble in Ba Sing Se
    Ever since the fall of the Dai Li, the city is having some serious problems. It went from being tightly controlled to total chaos in only a few days, then was occupied by the Fire Nation and has been swarmed with refugees from the war. This had made the crime rate soar and the Lower Ring has become even more shady and dangerous. Bandit gangs have set in and have even begun to effect the Middle Ring.

The local law enforcement is stretched way too thin and can't handle much more than trying to keep the problems contained to the Lower Ring, which is why Team Avatar was called in for help. Kidnapping has been a huge problem, the targets mostly woman. There are several bandit gangs operating in the city. One has been running an underground slave ring, hence the kidnappings. Some of the gangs are quite massive and the crimes range from group to group. Feel free to be creative and add things in! ^___^

The bandit gang responsible for the current string of crimes are White Jade Bandits.

Characters We'd Like to See
    Bandits! <3 We have a lot of characters that have been kidnapped, and we have a lot of characters who are going to be participating in the rescue mission, so it would be awesome if people would also be willing to play some bandit villains, too. ;D After all, the heroes need some adversaries to make the rescue mission more of a challenge!

And it'll just make it more fun all around. ^^ Qiang Dao is the current bandit leader; if you have any questions, feel free to contact Shizzy/Qiang Dao.

The Rescue Mission
    So, a lot of characters have been kidnapped, so of course their friends are going to try an rescue them!

As of now, the actual rescue mission has not begun, but for the sake of smaller threads and moving the plot along faster (because 12+ characters all in one thread would be craaazy!), when it does happen, the rescuers will be split up into three different groups and three different threads.

So far, the groups are:

Group One
    Hang Lin
    Ai Lu
    Adira
    Toph
    Mai

Group Two
    Kuruk
    Li Yin
    Suki
    Aang
    Sokka

Group Three
    Zuko
    Iroh
    June
    Zongying

If you haven't yet joined a group, pick one! They should be no larger than 4 characters each, but we'll adjust their sizes as new players join. ^^

Plot-Related Threads
Yep yep! To keep track of this plot as it unfolds, we'll be updating this list with the threads that are connected to this plot. ^^

Open denotes a thread that can still be joined. Closed denotes a thread that is no longer open to people joining (though it may still be unfinished). :B

Bandit Hunter Threads
    Hunt for the Green Earthbender - closed now; still finishing
    Team Avatar arrives at the Kong estate and is briefed on the current bandit problem.

Push and pull. - closed now
    Katara, Zuko, and Zongying search for clues as to where the bandits are, and Katara winds up kidnapped by Qiang Dao. Qiang Dao's accomplice, Cui, commits suicide to avoid capture.

I can explain... - open!
    Zuko breaks the news about Katara's kidnapping.

Kidnappee Threads

A Note From Your Admins...
    Please, don't be afraid to also continue--and start--threads that take place before the bandit plot. Because of the sheer number of people in this plot, and the sheer size of it, this plot could easily take a couple of months to play out. Don't let that hold you back from playing other stuff! Please, be patient and try to post in the threads in which you're involved as soon as you can, so that they do not get stalled. ^^ If you would ever like to be skipped, please let the player whose turn it is next know that!

Also, it must REALLY be stressed that this is not a GMed plot. xD We're making this up as we go, too. Please do the same! We wanna be surprised, too, and we don't know how this is going to end, either. Add your own twists and surprises and stuff! ;D

This is all really just a prompt! <3 Go crazy with it! This is a totally flexible plot so make stuff happen! <3

Post subject: Re: Bandits, Benders, and Bad Guys Oh My!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:57 am 
Another little reminder, if some people want to go after some bandits, but don't want to just play with themselves or the players involved feel weird playing both sides of a fight, there is the NPC account and you can ask Rhi or I to play some bandits for you.

But don't feel shy to go do your own things. People can go do stuff anywhere if you don't want to deal with the bandits. There can be traitors in the Fire Nation, pirates on the seas, rogue benders gone power mad among the ravaged villages. No one has to wait on Rhi or I to do stuff ^__^ This is everyone's playground

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:28 pm 
Also, remember, you don't have to be a canon to take place in the bandit hunt! There can be plenty of ways to get an OC involved, so if you aren't playing a canon, please don't feel like you can't join. If you are feeling stuck on how to get them involved, Rhi or I would be happy to help come up with ideas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:39 am 
Fire Nation
Fire Nation

Also, feel free to discuss plot ideas and stuff here! :3 If you have ideas, we wanna hear it! (Or you can just surprise everyone by throwing your own wrenches and twists along the way! ;D)

And if group threads aren't your thing, you don't have to post in the big one or anything. x3 Feel free to pair off or start open threads or do anything!

Thread with meh! 8D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:06 am 
You can totally do small threads. With just one or two people or bigger threads or what have you. It's all up to you ^__^ And go ahead and talk here or in plotting center threads and what not!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:56 am 
blehh why don't you guys make this stuff about this guy missing from his nation for mad long

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:30 pm 
What?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:32 pm 
You heard him Rina, for mad long.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:18 pm 
Are you guys still open for ideas? If sooo, I might be able to come up with a way for Azula to get tangled up in the plot. >D

I can totally see Azula poking her nose into Qiang Dao's funtiems at some point and attempting to manipulate the situation to work more to her advantage. And to Qiang Dao's advantage, as well. Maybe by goading him into using Katara for capturing a bigger target. Probably Aang.

I'm also wondering if maybe Azula became acquainted with with how the Dai Li went about brainwashing people during her time as their leader. She could maybe attempt it on Katara. May be fun for Azula to attempt to assassinate her brother through Katara.

All that may derail what you guys were planning too much, though. Dunno. D: If you guys are interested at all, I can pitch a few of my ideas in greater detail. If not, that's fine. x3

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:30 pm 
Fire Nation
Fire Nation

Oh heck no, that doesn't derail a thing because we're just making this up as we go, too! xD

In all actuality, I think that'd be freakin' awesome (and awful, muahahaha!) if you tossed Azula into the mix! 8D I really like those ideas! Katara has already been kidnapped, but hey, doesn't mean Azula can't get in with the bandit gang and try and use it for her benefit. >:3

I like it! ;D I think it'd be fun.

Thread with meh! 8D

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:48 pm 
Wow.. I love this idea..

Having Azula come in would be awesome.. because it would really scratch at Zuko's broken state from Katara already being kidnapped right in front of him.

Also, Aang is so in. He's already at the Kong place and ready for action. As an idea though, we should try to get a search group or something like that for Katara. And Zuko could explain the whole situation to them, and maybe even get a hold Jane to find Katara and that would help them get to her and save her.. Then they can start going after the kidnappers from the inside.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:14 pm 
You just have to wonder how a woman with no bending powers could possibly be allowed in. You know, with the fact that he hates women, and with her being weak and useless well...yeah. I think Qiang Dao would be more open to the idea of putting her in a cell and selling her off somewhere, perhaps to someone in Ba Sing Se, you know, to get back at her.

And Qiang Dao isn't looking for advantage, or capturing bigger targets (Why would he want to capture Aang? Aang's a dude :P) He's already got the reputed love interest of the Avatar, and friend of the Fire Lord, there's nothing to top it after that! (Save for maybe Azula, the Mugu who broke into Ba Sing Se)

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:59 pm 
Hum. True, true. I'm not sure how she would get in. I don't think she'd want to willingly let herself become captured--too risky. And she wouldn't want to go flashing her identity around either for the reason you've pointed out. She could just be the victim of circumstance, and ended up just merely becoming yet another of his victims. Would really suck for her.

Yeeeah. She doesn't really have anything new to bring to the table that would interest him. xD Not that I can think of, at least.

Might be interesting if she and Katara ended up trapped together, and then maybe end up attempting to help each other escape in spite of their differences--if Azula isn't first inclined to kill her. Theeen again, that would probably end with her needing to get away from Zuko and the others and I'm not sure if she's currently strong enough to get away. D:

Ah, well. Worth a shot. xD Might be best to sit this one out. Sorries. D:

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:27 pm 
Or... Azula could get captured, end up with Katara.... and she fiends "nice girl" and helps break Katara out.. Then turns and uses Katara to get Zuko to come and rescue her and then back to Azula trying to kill Zuko.

Then again, Aang and Sokka would probably be along then too.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:36 pm 
Well, I am totally up for Katara getting messed with or running into Azula xD

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:32 am 
Do you guys think maybe I ought to retool her just a bit so she isn't just a worthless, angsty lump and give her back her firebending? She could have just lost the ability for a while while in jail. Maybe she just gave up. Lost her "spark" so to speak.

And then maybe something set her off, made her want to get out and do whatever she could to bring Zuko and his friends down. And this passion gives her back her ability, maybe? She'd still be very reckless, and probably be ruled more by the sway of her emotions.

Or is the way I have her now better? x3

Oooor she could even rediscover her ability during the course of this particular plot. Being enslaved by the bandits could infuriate her just enough to break her out of her funk. Or, assuming she does have her firebending, she could track team avatar when they go looking for Katara, and then cause trouble for either Zuko or Qiang Dao during their showdown.

Or whatever else sounds better. xD I'm okay with whatever you guys would like me to do~

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:46 am 
I like the second idea better, where she gains it back in this plot after being captured. I think it could make for a very interesting role play really, and a could plot twist. Then she could get all...up in someone's business. Maybe mine, but hey, she should hate Zuko more, cause really...he's the jerk face in all this. Qiang is innocent! Innocent I tells ya! D8

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:35 am 
Fire Nation
Fire Nation

Ooo, yeah, that'd work with her gaining it back during the course of the plot! 8D And maaaan...I know I for one love both options! xD That's so unhelpful, I know, but I can't decide between the two because it'd be fun if she was captured and put with Katara, but also fun if she tracked the team down and caused issues there...gah! What do you think? I am totally up for any of those because they all sound insanely fun! D8 *flails*

And I'm hyped about Zuko and Azula interacting! xD Nyahaha!

Either way, I think either of those scenarios would work well for her getting her spark back. >:3

Thread with meh! 8D

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:21 am 
I am all kinds of for her getting her Firebending back. I vote you go with which ever options you think will give Azula back her spark xD

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:28 am 
Hm.. I personally like the kidnapping one for Azula.. What better way of getting your spark back then being treated like a worthless woman and then seeing one of the people who helped to make you that way. And that anger brings back her power to firebend and she uses it and decides to use Katara and get out, then go after Team Avatar, and the drive to do that brings back her ability to lightening bend. So, both stories in one?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 448 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next